Apply: NRC Finance Manager
Deadline: August 16, 2022
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is seeking to fill the position of Chief Financial Officer.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and displaced people around the world.
- Ensure monthly accounting close is done on time and follows NRC financial procedures
- Monitor cash flow for all area offices where funds are channeled from the country office and ensure regular follow-up
- Track income received from donors in a timely manner
- Update the main budget on a regular basis
- Develop a budget for new proposals, ensuring that donor regulations have been considered
- Ensure that shared costs are allocated according to equitable sharing principles
- Develop, review and update Finance Standard Operating Procedures for NRC in Ethiopia whenever there are significant changes
- Ensure compliance procedures are followed by finance staff in all regional offices
- Make financial verifications and validate expenses in accordance with the delegation of authority
- Provide an enabling environment for implementing cash-based interventions by working with program and support teams and developing relevant guidelines and standard operating procedures
- Support the finance department in the regional offices if a heavy workload is expected
- Three years, minimum, of experience as a financial manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience working in complex and volatile environments
- Documented results related to job responsibilities
- Knowledge of own leadership skills/profile
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
To apply and for more information, Click here.
Photo sources: David Dugdale