BMG – Finance Manager – Digital (Recordings Hub) (United Kingdom)
We are hiring!
We have an exciting opportunity for a CFO to join our international finance (registrations) team here in our London office!
Your mission at BMG.
You will be responsible for preprocessing income and cost returns covering BMG’s Worldwide Hub Recordings distribution and licensing activity, as well as royalty processing and cash matching.
BMG has established a global distribution agreement operated from the UK-based Recordings Hub. The volume of information flowing through the Hub has increased significantly with a number of other centralized functions now also operating from the UK.
As the business of recordings grows, it increasingly requires the business support of its core Hub Recordings department to ensure that business decisions are appropriately supported and controlled, with an appropriate flow of information delivered in a timely manner throughout the company.
- Preparation of declarations before ingestion for the main sources of income.
- Review and update master data to allow accurate reporting of income.
- Production and distribution of business-to-business matrices for the main sources of income.
- Prepare and make detailed log bookings for hub matrices in SAP.
- Reconciliation of cash receipts with royalty income relating to hub matrices.
- Respond to royalty and reporting requests from the local registration team and other international affiliates
- Work to streamline existing royalty processes.
- Ad hoc support to the VP – International Finance Recordings and to the Director of Royalty Accounting – Masters Royalties.
- Previous work experience in the music industry
- Experience in modeling financial reports and spreadsheets.
- Familiar with a variety of complex royalty reporting formats.
- Ability to work with people in all areas of the business.
- A high degree of attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and ability to process large volumes of data
- ACA / ACCA qualified (or equivalent).
It’s a plus if you also have recorded music work experience, SAP and Tableau Desktop experience, and knowledge of database structures and handling.
Now what’s in it for you?
- 25 days of annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas and New Year
- Subscription to the subsidized gym
- Private health insurance
- Competitive pension plan
- Annual concert allowance
- Artists’ showcases
- Cycle to work
- Subscription loan
- Access to our employee assistance program
- Headspace subscription
- Donate program as you earn
- Flexible working
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable (currently virtual!) Office environment
- Flexible work opportunities
Founded in 2008, BMG is already the fourth largest music publisher in the world and the first new global player in the recording industry for decades. BMG’s business case is unique – a constant emphasis on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 19 offices in 12 major music markets now represent more than 3 million songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters drawn to its new approach which now includes music production, films and books as well as musical publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by the international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include broadcaster RTL Group, trade book publisher Penguin Random House and magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multiplatform perspective, integrated technology platform, and commitment to helping artists maximize their revenue, BMG aims to be the best music company to do business with.
At BMG, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All BMG applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, change of sex, marital status or civil partner, pregnancy or motherhood, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
We want all applicants to realize their full potential throughout the recruitment process. TIn order to ensure that you are able to exploit your full potential, we are easily able to offer you reasonable adjustments. If you need assistance with your application or would like to benefit from reasonable adjustments during the recruitment processes, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
We are happy to discuss the possibility of reduced hours, remote work, flexible start and end times or compressed hours. We may not always be able to answer all requests, but we promise not to judge you for asking.
It is really important to us that our staff are paid fairly and proportionately, which is why we are proud to be a London Living Wage accredited employer.