BMG – Junior Finance Manager, Recordings Hub (12 months FTC, UK)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Finance Manager to join our International Finance (Record Centers) team here in our London office! This will be a 12 month fixed term contract with maternity cover.
Your mission at BMG.
You will be responsible for UK based revenue and cost reporting and control, covering BMG’s Worldwide Hub Recordings distribution and licensing business. You will be highly organized and accustomed to both processing detailed general ledger entries and commenting on summary financial reports.
BMG has entered into a worldwide distribution deal operated from the UK-based Recordings Hub. The volume of information flowing through the hub has increased significantly with a number of other centralized functions now also operating from the UK.
As the recordings business grows, it increasingly needs business support from its key Hub Recordings department to ensure that business decisions are supported and controlled. appropriately, with an appropriate flow of information delivered in a timely manner across the business.
- Support Frontline and Catalog activities by providing insight into global revenues and costs flowing through the UK based Recordings Hub function.
- Production and distribution of inter-company matrices for a set of revenue sources.
- Perform and distribute cross-company matrix recharges for associated cost sources.
- Prepare and perform detailed journal entries for hub matrices in SAP.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts relating to hub matrices.
- Provide summary reports and feedback based on monthly matrix outputs.
- Respond to accounting and reporting requests from the local records team and other international affiliates
- Liaise with Director of Revenue Assurance to support further analysis and investigation
- Support the growing volume of data passing through the Hub.
- Experience in financial reporting and spreadsheet modeling.
- Previous work experience in the music industry.
- Ability to work with people in all areas of the business.
- A high degree of attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and ability to process large volumes of data.
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent).
It’s a plus if you also have….
- Work experience in recorded music
- SAP experience
- Audit experience may also be an advantage.
- Knowledge of database structures and manipulation
- office table
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas and New Year
- Subsidized gym membership
- Private health insurance
- Competitive pension plan
- Annual concert allowance
- Showcases of artists
- Cycle-work program
- Subscription loan
- Access to our employee assistance program
- Headspace Subscription
- Give as you earn
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment (currently virtual!)
- Flexible work opportunities
Founded in 2008, BMG is already the fourth largest music publisher in the world and the first new global player in the recording industry in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a consistent focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 19 offices in 12 major music markets now represent over 3 million songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters drawn to its new approach that now includes music production , films and books as well as publishing and music recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include broadcaster RTL Group, specialist book publisher Penguin Random House and magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its cross-platform perspective, integrated technology platform, and commitment to helping artists maximize their revenue, BMG aims to be the best music company to do business with.
BMG is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, gender or sexual orientation.
We want all candidates to realize their full potential throughout the recruitment process. To ensure that you are able to do so, we are readily able to offer reasonable adjustments. If you need assistance with your application or would like reasonable adjustments during the recruitment processes, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]
We are happy to discuss the possibility of reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and end times or compressed hours. We can’t always meet all requests, but we promise not to judge you for asking.
It is really important to us that our staff are paid fairly and proportionately, so we are proud to be a London Living Wage Accredited Employer.