CFO job at Watmos Community Homes
Leading the way in resident-managed housing Watmos’ unique approach has placed it at the forefront of transforming communities and exceeding expectations. We are looking for an exceptional and dedicated individual who shares our passion for improving people’s lives.
This role involves supporting the Executive Director of Resources in the development, implementation and effective management of Group Financial Services and Compliance. You will lead the production of annual budgets and financial statements.
You will be responsible for:
• Financial control and management of the Group’s income and expenses and ensuring the efficient management of purchases, sales, nominal and rent registers.
• Contribute to the development of policies and procedures to ensure high standards of customer service in all aspects of finance related work.
• Ensure that the activities of the finance function are conducted to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism in accordance with the requirements of relevant legislation and the social housing regulator.
The successful candidate will have:
• Have appropriate academic, professional or relevant qualifications in finance or be qualified by experience to an equivalent standard and have knowledge and experience of financial management and accounting.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, prioritization, report writing, computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Excel effectively at an intermediate or advanced level, including Word.
• If you are committed to resident management, engagement and empowerment and have the ability to understand complex financial information, business processes and systems, we welcome your application.
Purpose of the position:
1. Support the Executive Director of Resources in the development, implementation and effective management of group financial services and compliance with legal obligations and best practices.
2. Lead the production of annual budgets for all parts of the group, ensuring clear reporting to the board, management team and budget owners.
3. Lead the production of financial statements for all parts of the group, liaising with the external auditors if necessary.
4. Be responsible for the financial control and management of the Group’s income and expenditure by ensuring that the purchase ledger, sales ledger, nominal ledger and rental ledger and payroll are effectively managed.
5. Be responsible for providing internal reporting on financial performance and systems, including management accounts and budget tracking activity and other information required by the management team.
6. Contribute to the development of performance policies and procedures, which will ensure the highest standards of customer service in all aspects of finance related work across the Group.
7. Support the Director of Resources in the coordination of the internal audit plan, liaising with internal audit as necessary.
8. Work within the framework of the Group’s Equality, Diversity and Fair Dealing Policy, Health and Safety Policy and Customer Service Policies ensuring they are adhered to in all financial activities within this role.
9. Ensure that the activities of the finance function are carried out to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism, in accordance with the requirements of the social housing regulator and relevant legislation.
For more information, please visit our website.
Closing Date: sunday 6and March 2022 (23:59)