Head of Finance
CFO job description
All Prospect Ridge Academy employees work together to create academic, social and ethical leaders. Every Prospect Ridge Academy employee is expected to provide exceptional customer service skills to our students, parents, and PRA community. Prospect Ridge Academy is a dynamic school, subject to changing work environments, the adaptation of new educational principles and values, and an evolving culture. Adaptability to change is essential. This job description is an overview of the duties and is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and tasks performed.
The financial director is responsible for maintaining the school’s financial records. This position will accomplish these duties while working with staff to achieve the goals outlined in the mission statements of Prospect Ridge Academy.
The financial manager is responsible for:
In partnership with the Finance and Sales Director:
- Manage month-end closing, journal entries and general accounting processes
- Manage the audit process and other compliance issues
- Oversee day-to-day financial operations and processes, including management of the acquisition card program
- Develop and manage internal and external financial reports
- Assistance in the preparation of the annual budget
Supervise and process payroll, including:
- Collect and verify all timesheets, including replacements and hourly employees
- Maintain changes and corrections to employee tax deductions and banking options.
- Verify that the salaries and account codes are correct
- Reconcile, balance all medical, dental, visual and retirement withdrawals.
- Enter and maintain wage garnishments for employees
- Make payments for various general payroll deductions taken from paychecks
- Create and submit monthly, quarterly and annual payroll reports to PERA, IRS, Colorado State, Unemployment, W4 and W2
System data integrity
- Work with the sales and finance team to ensure that proper segregation of duties is maintained in the financial and HR systems
- Work in partnership with the HR manager to ensure all employee data is correct
Other assigned tasks
- Supervise the financial assistant
- Attend finance committee meetings
- Provide internal and external customer support; respond to inquiries and provide requested information
Terms & Conditions
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- Previous finance experience required, preferably in an educational or non-profit setting
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Experience in accounting software
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ingenious for generating creative solutions to problems
$ 55,968 – $ 62,964 a year
- Prospect Ridge Academy also offers a total compensation package including:
- MEDICAL: There are three options for medical coverage.
- DENTAL: Dental insurance is provided by Delta Dental of Colorado.
- Vision: Vision insurance is provided by VSP.
- LIFE / AD & D: You receive 1x your annual salary as group term life insurance through Lincoln Financial Group.
- STD / LTD: PRA pays the full cost of short and long term disability benefits.
- PERA: Administered by Colorado PERA, this is a tax-deferred retirement account to which you contribute 10% of your monthly income. In addition, PRA contributes 20.9% to the PERA pension fund on your behalf.
How to register
To apply, please click on this link to be directed to the ad or navigate to our website and find all of our vacancies under “About” -> “Job Opportunities”
The job expires in 30 days.