Ukraine Crisis Response – Humanitarian Finance Manager | Jobs
Location: Lviv, Ukraine (option to be based in Moldova with significant travel)
Department: Inclusive Humanitarian Action
Contract: CDD 12 months
Flat rate: £38,000 net plus 10% Moldovan hard work allowance, accommodation provided
As one of the few INGOs with an operational presence in Ukraine, we are already responding with initial rescue activities in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions, with the intention of scaling up assistance in the central and from western Ukraine. We have also launched a support program for refugees arriving in Moldova, where we are also already present, and are studying another response in Poland.
We are now looking for passionate, professional and experienced humanitarian professionals to support our response to the crisis. We are looking for talent who thrives on collaborating with others (within HelpAge International and beyond) and who can work agile and across borders.
Main areas of impact, influence and responsibility
As Director of Humanitarian Finance, you will be –
- Exclusively support the humanitarian portfolio in the development and evaluation of donor-funded project proposals and the development of new products and funding
- Provide accurate and timely financial information that enables the humanitarian program to operate effectively and in accordance with HelpAge’s financial objectives
- Ensure financial best practices across the humanitarian program, identify and resolve any financial management issues and ensure compliance with organizational policies and procedures
- Manage project accountants for restricted funded projects
- In conjunction with the Global Finance team, ensure that appropriate resources are budgeted for full cost recovery, that pre-funding and co-funding are closely monitored and managed, and that claims against projects are promptly submitted and followed up with donors.
- In collaboration with the global finance team, assess the capacity of implementing partners. Support implementing partners remotely and through visits in areas of improvement highlighted in partner assessments, partner audits or identified during project implementation
Let’s talk about you
You will be someone with:
- A partial or full qualification with one of the main accountancy bodies
- Experience providing strategic financial support to management teams
- Solid practical experience of working with humanitarian teams and implementing partners in complex international contexts
- Solid practical experience in the management of emergency programs and humanitarian contexts
- Experience in developing budget proposals, managing donor contracts, preparing and reviewing donor financial reports, coordinating project and partner audits
- Proven ability to help non-financial staff and managers review financial information, with coaching and capacity building skills
- Ability to work at the strategic level in terms of funding, identifying gaps and risks and providing appropriate solutions
- Strong written and spoken English
- Fluency in Russian
- Experience working with the elderly or other at-risk groups
HelpAge International is entering an exciting phase in its evolution as we fundamentally transform what we do, how we do it and how we are organised. Driven by our commitment to the Localization program, we are evolving the way we partner and deliver value nationally and locally. Over the next 3 years, we will localize our country offices and programs and develop new and diverse forms of partnerships globally.
We seek to give primacy to local agents of change. To this end, we will replace all programs delivered by HelpAge staff and resources on the ground with implementation by partners. This will apply to all of our work – humanitarian and long-term development. Going forward, our value revolves around support, engagement and thought leadership.
A key way to create value and have impact is to collaborate across borders and by bringing together different perspectives, skills and talents. We will carry out our work through agile teams and a global operating model, with regional roots, to focus on impact and maintain relationships at the national level to help build collaborations and help others define their own schedules.
At HelpAge International we work hard to achieve our goals together as a team with a clear common goal. Our values guide the way we work together:
We respect people, appreciate diversity and are committed to equality.
We value and recognize the contribution of our staff and members of our network, as we place older people at the center of everything we do.
We work alongside network members and others to increase reach, influence and impact. We are committed to a culture of collaboration and building positive relationships.
We are passionate about learning, responsible and work together to find creative solutions.
Everyone who works at HelpAge shares our values and is committed to behaviors that demonstrate and support them.
Everyone has a role to play in creating and maintaining a safe and respectful work environment, where no one is harmed or mistreated. At HelpAge, we take our responsibilities very seriously and will take action against wrongdoing. We will do our best to ensure that we do not hire people who pose a risk to protection and will carry out criminal record checks where necessary.
HelpAge International is committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities and respecting diversity in employment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, gender and their sexual orientation.
How to register
To apply for a job with HelpAge, please submit the following documents:
- A cover letter explaining how you meet the requirements of the job profile. Please use bold headings for each requirement and provide examples.
- Your current curriculum vitae (3 pages maximum)
- Three referees, including your last employer
To be considered, please read the job description for more information and then email your application to [email protected] before the closing date.
Closing Date: We will review applications as they are received due to the urgent need to fill the position.
Important message: Be sure to remove personal information, including your date of birth, age, gender, and marital status, from your resume. Please do not include photographs.